1. Every parking spot in the parking lot that is under a tree is taken, no matter how big or small the tree is or how far away it is from the entrance.
2. The smell of sunscreen is ubiquitous.
3. The cold water from the faucet or that runs into the washer is cold for about, umm, a nano second, then it’s warm.
4. Rain and lightening and quick power outages. Just about every day.
5. There is no such thing as wearing your hair down if you spend more than five minutes outside.
6. In our house: rain=ants; we only turn the oven on early or late in the day so as not to heat up the house; blinds are kept closed to keep the heat of the sun out of the house (haha, as if that works!)
7. Hazard lights on for rain. No, this is not the law, as a matter of fact it is against the law, but it happens. And, as my fellow I-95 drivers will agree, it’s annoying!
8. You grill dinner outside, but eat it inside.
9. If you want to work up a sweat, stand outside during lunch time. Just stand there, do nothing; you will sweat.
10. There are less out of state license plates.
What’s on your list?
Disclaimer: I am not complaining. I live here by choice and much prefer the heat of summer than the cold of winter.