Oh my has it been awhile. I’ve missed you, my little corner of the internet where I can wax eloquent or not on faith, food, life, books and share my Canva obsession. Let me tell you what’s been happening!
- Just as I moved my site to a self hosted platform, just as the web based class I teach was beginning, just as I was in the grove – my internet failed! Eight days without it at home. I was able to do a few things at work but let’s face it, you can’t wear your pj’s to the office and I like to work from home in my pj’s. Eight days people, no internet for eight days. I had to switch providers and saw quickly that customer service is a rare commodity when there are few choices. And when you don’t have loads of products bundled together, pricing is not very competitive either. But, that’s done now.
- I sort of fell into a pit of despair. Not so much over the internet but it was ONE MORE THING to make me question what I am doing with my life. I am climbing out. All this talk of carrying your cross and sacrifice and getting off your ash and do something forced me to stop the pity party. I’m looking forward to a fruitful Lent.
- We are called to do this everyday, not just during Lent. We are called to do it with JOY!
4. A certain prayer keeps crossing my path. I’ve prayed it on and off before but it is my prayer for Lent, The Prayer of Humility . I’ll make a graphic and share it with you.
5. Grace Wins by Matthew West, a good reminder for all of us!
6. I survived answering the phones at work on Ash Wednesday. No one yelled at me. I have an Ash Wednesday question, do you remember ashes being distributed at the end of Mass when you were a kid? We don’t do that now and probably haven’t for 40 years, but I was just wondering….
7. What’s for dinner tonight at your house? We’re having shrimp and spaghetti squash. Here’s the recipe if you’d like to try it.
For more Quick Takes head over to Kelly’s!