It’s Friday. The weekend is coming. This week has been event central around here; well, not here as in our house, but just lots of time away. I’m looking forward to a catch up day and evening today! What has been going on?
- I finished my daughter’s dress last Friday for a Saturday wedding! It was a skill stretching project but the result was stunning. My husband noticed I really enjoyed working on it so he suggested I should sew dresses to earn money. Yes, but no thanks. I prefer to sew for love, not money, for those I love
- .My brother in law was in town Tuesday so we met him for dinner. We went to the Yard House which has a huge beer selection. I choose a local favorite, Caramel Cream Ale from Due South Brewing Company.
- Last night we had two events to choose from, my husband could go “work” at McDonald’s with the other teachers from his school or attend a cocktail party at The Beach Club. Guess where we went? The lamb chops and crab cakes were delish.
- My goals today are organizing my creating room, sewing up a few quick pillows and starting a sewing project. My room has piles of books, stacks of papers, and a general lack of order that I dislike. I do many different things in this room; pray, read, sew, write, work, ponder my existence and it needs order. Here’s what it looks like now:
- I had a shopping day with a friend this week. We both love to sew and craft so we hit two fabric stores and a craft store. I’ll be using those supplies today to create a better space in my room.
- I was a guest on the CatholicMom hangout this week. It was lots of fun. I’ve watched/listened to almost all of the hangouts and it’s an engaging way to learn about the faith and catch a glimpse into what other people are doing to bring faith into their homes and make it a part of their everyday lives.
- A great song for Lent and the Year of Mercy
More Quick Takes over at This Ain’t the Lyceum