1. Why I let my husband edit for me; I just can’t let my face look like that! Disclaimer, he does not edit this blog.
2. We are having a little ant problem in the kitchen, probably due to rain? Let’s go with that. The last place they were congregating was inside the dishwasher. I mentioned trying the borax, sugar, water mix I’d seen on Pinterest and the ants left. Did they hear me?
3. This cracks me up because, well, my friend and I talk about a woman house and it truly seems like a great idea. Not that I want our husbands to die any time soon, but think about it; it’s way more fun than living alone! I’ve three friends signed up already.
4. A few years ago I read about Hildegard of Bingen and just yesterday I found out that she wrote music and people sing it today! Here’s a sample:
5. I no longer want to go shopping at the big box store up the road from my house. So I went to the chain drugstore instead for what I needed. It was easier but I may have been taking too much time browsing because the guy tidying up the shelves said hello and asked me three different times if I needed help. I didn’t need help I just couldn’t recall what I was supposed to buy. Plus, I was enjoying the solitude. A wee bit scary, I know. Next time I’m bringing a list!
6. I found a new blog, The Backs of Peoples Heads and Baby Faces. Looks like a good one, check it out.
7. I miss reading. My hope is to spend lots of time reading this weekend. I said I would read 100 books this year on GoodReads Reading Challenge 2013. I am 21% behind. Not that I have a lack of books to read, but feel free to make suggestions. I like anything concerning Catholicism, crime novels (think James Patterson), romantic fiction and chick lit that leaves things to the imagination, you know what I mean, ahem.
More interesting Quick Takes at Conversion Diary!
7 Quick Takes