1. I’ve spent some time in the last few weeks with friends who, like me, have adult children. We have decided that we’d like our three year olds back because then we could give them a hug, a spider man band – aid, fill their sippy cup and problem solved! Now it is so much more emotionally charged and they live so far away we can’t even hug them. It is real life here about careers, relationships, and children. Sometimes for me, the hardest part (besides not being physically near them) is that I don’t have it figured out myself. My comfort, and surely that of most mothers like me, I get the call to help them sort out whatever needs to be sorted out.
2. It’s that time of year when I send begging emails and put numerous announcements out that it is time to register for Faith Formation classes for next school year. I’m not sure why I do this since it is pretty much useless. The on top of things parents or maybe they are the “I need to do this now so I don’t forget” parents have turned in their registration forms. They really are, by their own admission, the latter; not a judgment, as that was me back in the day! I just want them to register so I can plan ahead. I know this is the plight of program directors everywhere but I don’t have to like it.
3. I gave myself a challenge to blog more regularly. It’s not working out. Part of the problem is that I have an idea for a post but am not able to get to it at that very moment. So I forget it. I try to at least write the idea down but most times I forget it before I can write it down. I may start writing on my hand. Don’t laugh, I have a very good friend who did that for years. I haven’t noticed it recently.
4. My talk for the retreat is coming together very slowly. I am surprised. I will be working on it this weekend again.
5. This may seem silly, but my husband and I try to celebrate our dating anniversary. Back when we began dating, people did not “go steady”; they were “going out” with each other. So we started going out (this meant we were boy/girl friend, a couple) on May 27, thirty- four years ago. And since we have the day off, we are going to spend the whole day together having fun. I am excited. The plan is the beach and then lunch at a Greek restaurant, maybe a movie too.
6. Have you heard about Lawn Chair Catechism being hosted at CatholicMom? It starts this Wednesday, May 29 and is a study using the book Forming Intentional Disciples by Sherry Weddell. But, you don’t have to read the book to join in. Just go to the Lawn Chair Catechism page and find out all you need to know. As a bonus, Our Sunday Visitor is offering the book for $10 and free shipping until June 8. It is a great book, my review is here, and I know I’ll be there. Why not join us?
7. Wow, got to go get ready for the eye doctor appointment. Have a wonderful weekend:)
Want some more quick takes, go over to Conversion Diary!
7 Quick Takes