1. November 6 is a very important day for me, well for us, as in my husband and me. It is our 29th anniversary. I have no idea how we got here, none at all. Except for the grace of God, which is what I depend on regularly . It is also Election Day and my husband is hoping the entire country cooperates and gives him a truly Happy Anniversary. This is one year it isn’t up to me. I am hoping and praying he gets his gift.
2. Last night we went to Mass and saw quite a few people we know. One couple seemed especially happy to see me, and I really had no idea why. The wife came up to me and reminded me that four years ago it had been their wedding day and I had been the wedding coordinator for them. Happy memories!
3. Last weekend was nonstop events. This weekend is much quieter so maybe we can get some yard work done and plant fall flowers. If we painted the front door I’d be over the top thrilled.
4. Speaking of last week, it was our first Family Faith&Fun at work. It was a good turnout, and most people enjoyed the hour we spent together. I did this activity with the group, What is faith? and all went well. My two biggest concerns, 1. the video would not work properly and 2. there would be a huge mess because of the dirt did not happen.
5. This Sunday I will be speaking to the Confirmation parents, which is a different type of group all together. However, the pastor will be there to talk to the parents as well and we are a good team. People have such mixed ideas as to the purpose of Confirmation.
6. I have been thinking evangelization and my role in evangelizing It seems I do not have much opportunity to do this in the world, so to speak since I work in a parish. Then I thought about all the parents I am in contact with and realized that my role is to evangelize to these families by reaching out to them and drawing them into the life of the Church
7. Lisa M. Hendey posted this “Are we too busy to be catechized?” over at the New Evangelizers website. My short answer is yes, but we need to make time. And I do not say this because it is my actual job to help catechize.
Go visit Jennifer for more!