1. I have been waiting for the next season of Downton Abbey. The other day on Pinterest I came across a link which promised links to Season 3. And it worked. So far I have watched the first four episodes. Oh, would you like the link, of course, here you go!
2. Yesterday was the beginning of the Year of Faith. Our diocese began with Mass celebrated by the Bishop at the Cathedral. We had a Haitian Spanish and English choirs; each reading was done in a different language with the printed version in the other two languages. Our Bishop’s Spanish is improving and he even did a brief welcome in Creole, which is not the easiest language to learn. In his homily he reminded us that faith leads to hope, hope to love and love is what transforms. I was glad I went.
3. As part of the Year of Faith I have signed up to receive daily emails from Flocknote to read the entire Catechism in a year. Here is the link if you’d like to participate. I’ve never read it from cover to cover though I use it on a regular basis when preparing talks.
4. We are starting a new moms group called St. Edward Breakfast Club; Baubles, Bibles & Blessings. Baubles because we like to make pretty things, Bibles as we share our faith and Blessings, our children and families. We’ll get together twice a month to talk, make a craft, get ideas on how to make our faith more real to our families, share resources and get to know each other. Our first two meeting themes are Thanksgiving and Advent/Christmas.
5. We began our Exodus study this week. I have studied this book twice before and am looking forward to doing it again. This time I choose the Great Adventure series to use. We re not using the dvd, but each time I will give a brief “lecture” on the day’s topic.
6. I had a good meeting with my spiritual director last week. We had an introductory, get to know each other conversation for over an hour. I think she and I will be a good fit.
7. Next week I am going to enjoy fall when I go up to NY and CT for my nephew’s Confirmation. I will also be the good aunt when my sister leaves for a business trip and I get to be with my niece. Of course, last time, the good aunt wasn’t as much of a pushover as the niece wanted, so we’ll see what happens this time. While I will enjoy the time up there I am bummed that my sister is leaving a day and half after I get there for her trip. My other exciting plans include collecting lots and lots of fall leaves.
More Quick Takes at Conversion Diary!