1. I saw this and thought of my husband. When we told the story of our courtship to our children oh so many years ago they declared their father a stalker. I prefer to think he was just so shy he couldn’t bring himself to speak to me for a long time.
|2..I would like someone to pay me to do this!|
3. Speaking of books, I am reading Engaging A New Generation by Frank Mercadante. I’m about half way through and it is very good. It’s quite serious, but also very affirming in that he writes about trends, concerns, and changes in the parish that you see and sometimes think, “is this really happening and is it happening elsewhere?” So far the answers are “yes and yes.”
|Lector Institution Day|
4. I don’t pay much attention to fashion and am not trendy at all. But I have noticed that boat necks are around again, which is my favorite. I made myself a dress last weekend with a boat neck and just love it. I think it is sexy yet totally modest at the same time. Plus, it looks great with pearls, another of my favorites.
5. In other clothes related thoughts, there is a part of me that wants to have five work dresses, two Sunday dresses, a pair of jeans and a few shirts and be done with it. All of these would have to be colors that go with black shoes, since that is the one color I know I can always find in my size. And now that I found out that navy with black shoes is not a fashion don’t, I’m all good.
6. Fridays are my day off since I work Sundays. I always wonder what should I spend the day doing? Should I do the mundane but necessary tasks of life or something that brings me joy? Do I tackle to to do list or the I wish list? Cooking seems to fit both for me, so today I will cook something fun for dinner, my thoughts are turning to French Onion Soup. We shall see.
7. Finally! No not that I got to #7. After years, as in maybe twelve or fourteen, I will have a spiritual director. An official one. I’ve had unofficial and as needed spiritual directors but tomorrow I am meeting with the person I think, hope and pray will fit the bill and walk with me for a bit. I am looking forward to it.
As always, there are lots more folks with lots more quick takes over at Conversion Diary!