1. This morning at Mass this verse just jumped out at me: “This is why you must now know, and fix in your heart, that the LORD is God in the heavens above and on earth below, and that there is no other.” Deut 4:39. Truly, God is in heaven and on earth; God is God and we are not. Good little reminder.
2. Since it is First Friday, here is a video of Adoration quotes with pictures and music. Very beautiful.
3. If you are interested in improving your blog, and writing in general take a look at some tips from Michael Leach at Why Stay Catholic.
4. I have found a few new blogs, The Deacon’s Wife, which is a slight misnomer she her husband has just been accepted into formation, but interesting nonetheless. I like reading and hearing about things are doing in other dioceses in regard to almost everything, but especially the things I am also involved in personally. A Penny Saved has realistic tips on saving money. Most money saving tips blogs and articles are not very helpful to me, so finding one that actually seemed realistic was great! The tips I’ve looked at so far are things I actually do or would consider doing. Last one, Imprisoned in my Bones, why? she reminds me of myself and I love her blog title!
5. Today the Optional Memorial for Mass is the Dedication of St. Mary Major in Rome. This basilica was built under Pope Sixtus III (432-440). It is one of the seven papal basilicas in Rome and each year the Pope celebrated the Feast of the Assumption of Blessed Virgin Mary, August 15.
6. I have invites to Google+, so if you’d like one, let me know.
7. I’m excited that my husband has decided to join me in the weight loss adventure. He is always supportive, but now that I have someone
suffering doing it at the same time as me in the same house, it makes it so much better.
Go over and visit Jen at Conversion Diary for more!