Today’s Quick Takes are hosted over at Written by the Finger of God.
- It’s December people and it’s amazing how out of touch I am with that fact. I haven’t been in a store in three weeks; not one store at all. I feel as if I am in some sort of alternate space where getting ready for Christmas is almost totally spiritual. Here’s a list of what I am not doing: baking, decorating the house, shopping anywhere but online, not going to lots of parties and activities, buying new shoes or clothes. And I don’t feel guilty about not doing any of this. I think I like this!
- All that being said, I think a poinsettia is going on the shopping list. I can put it next to my candle Nativity set.
- I very much want to start using Periscope. Today might be the day if I can fix my hair. I mean, I can fix my hair, but am I motivated enough to use my energy to do that or do I fix lunch for myself instead? That’s the thing with Periscope as opposed to blogging. I can write and be a frightful mess and no one knows. I can be in my pj’s and have a huge mess around me and no one knows. I will say, for the record, I am dressed and if you came to my door I could let you in without any embarrassment. Though the hair is a bit wild looking. Not so with Periscope. I need to be presentable, maybe even put together, at the very least hair not hanging on my face and some lipstick, no? Just now, as I wrote about my hair, I could hear my mom in my head, “just cut it, you look so much better with short hair”. If I were braver I’d take a picture, but I will tell you, I have a bobby pin holding my bangs out of my eyes. Because otherwise I hear my grandmother, “get that hair out of your eyes, you’ll go blind”.
- I am an Extrovert. Whenever I take a Meyers-Briggs I get all possible points for Extrovert. However, I do like spending time alone especially to read, write or sew. I have learned though, that when being alone is imposed on me, I don’t like it as much. Of course, being alone is compounded by the fact that I can’t walk. The rest of my personality, from Meyers-Briggs is SFJ.
- This came in the mail yesterday from Dynamic Catholic. Very excited to begin reading it!
- Please take a look at my new site devoted to the Year of Mercy, Mercy Overflows and consider sending in a piece to put on the blog.
- I’m trying a new quip out, “Don’t whine, wine instead.” I thought of this the other day when I really wanted to whine. I think I may be spending too much time inside my head!
7 Quick Takes