|More 7 Quick Takes|
1. Yesterday was not the best day until my daughter posted to my Facebook wall that she is coming home Saturday to visit. Which is perfect timing since a friend just left to go back to Poland and I was feeling very blah. Now, she’s coming home and we’ll go visit our friends to watch the Florida vs Alabama game. She is a die hard Gator and our friends Alabama fans. It’ll be interesting, I guess, football is not something I have any interest in, but I can serve the snacks!
2. Also in regard to my daughter coming home, I had to clean her room. So, I finally did it and it looks very nice. Amazing what plastic bins stacked neatly in a closet can do for me. Now, please do not think I make a habit of cleaning her room. The mess was from our summer frenzy of home projects when everything had to come out of all the rooms on one side of the house when we re-carpeted. Now I only have to finish up “my room” which is my sewing, napping, reading, computer room. I’ll need some more bins!
3. There is an often heard saying about friends that some come in for a season, a reason, a time, I forget how the rest goes, I used to think it was very nice; I don’t anymore. It is directly related to the fact that a Jesuit from Poland (same as #1) was here for 2 months and he was such a blessing to our parish and to me personally. I really did not want him to leave. He was intelligent, thoughtful, and very funny. He would come into my office and sit in a chair across from me and make me laugh and laugh. We also had many serious conversations about faith, spirituality, prayer, and of course, Ignatian spirituality. I will miss him. But, as my friends have said, he has really started us on a new journey, which is all part of God’s plan.
4. I want a Nook.
5. I finished the parish prayer book and it will be distributed this weekend at all the Masses. Now, I’d like to put together a Spanish version. I hope that by praying together as a parish family, we will grow stronger and learn to be more diligent and faithful to prayer.
6. Today is October and the next 2 months are almost back-to-back activities every weekend, mostly for work. I still have 10 days vacation to take and no idea when I can take off without it interfering with my work getting done.
7. In honor of St. Therese’s feast day, her Morning Prayer:
O my God! I offer Thee all my actions of this day for the intentions and for the glory of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I desire to sanctify every beat of my heart, my every thought, my simplest works, by uniting them to Its infinite merits; and I wish to make reparation for my sins by casting them into the furnace of Its Merciful Love.
O my God! I ask of Thee for myself and for those whom I hold dear, the grace to fulfill perfectly Thy Holy Will, to accept for love of Thee the joys and sorrows of this passing life, so that we may one day be united together in heaven for all Eternity. Amen.