Good intentions, best-laid plans, life happens but all is not lost. I am here, still working on the Gratitude Habitude!
This will be a condensed list in hopes to get back on track.
- Time Away! I enjoy traveling, especially to far off places that involve passports and plane rides. This past weekend involved travel, in a car, just a few hours away. The plan: visit a few breweries, take a few long walks, and sleep. We did all that. Very relaxing. My new favorite beer, Dragon Point IPA, is now about 90 miles away at Intracoastal Brewing Company! If you live near Melbourne, FL go there and enjoy yourself (responsibly).
- Gratitude List: does keeping a list seem wrong? Does it make being grateful a chore? Or does it help you recall that your life is more balanced than it seems when the car a/c breaks down, you need to go grocery shopping with all 3 kids under 5 and your boss needs that report NOW? My answer, it helps me remember that my life is never as awful as I think it is and that there is always something, many things, to be grateful for in my life every day.
- Flowers: my gratitude list is a vase of flowers in which I’ve been writing what/who I am grateful for in the petals and then coloring. I’ll show you this at the end of the month. Don’t get too excited, drawing is way down on my list of talents.
- Scripture: Each day begins with me reading scripture. I read the daily readings and think about how they apply to me. Each day I am reminded of something that I need to hear. Sometimes it’s a word which builds me up, other times it may be a gentle rebuke to stop a certain behavior or a thought I share with others. Whatever it is, I begin my day knowing God is present and I can call for help when I need it.
- Coffee: Don’t judge, I drink decaf. And sometimes I drink flavored coffee. Tonight it’s Hazelnut.
- Quote: from Zig Ziglar “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.”
- Showing Gratitude: do we show others we appreciate them, not only when they do something nice for us or help us, do we take time to be present when they need us? Do we reach out to those we love and let them know? Are we kind to strangers? Do we show respect to all? I think a grateful person is caring and respectful of all the people we come into contact with all day long.
- How about a song?
9 days worth