Books are a favorite gift of mine to give and receive. If you are in need of some inspiration for someone on your list I have a few favorites.
For moms, I recommend The Catholic Moms Prayer Companion edited by Lisa Hendey and Sarah Reinhard, with over 80 contributors and topics ranging from saints to smiles you will enjoy these short reflections with a prayer and point to ponder each day.
For everyone, Sacred Reading, The 2017 Guide to Daily Prayer from the Apostleship of Prayer. It combines prompts for prayer with reading the day’s Gospel. Always makes me think!
Favorite Books (for men and women)
- The Jesuit Guide to Almost Everything by Fr. James Martin, S.J.
- The Holy Longing and Sacred Fire by Fr. Ronald Rolheiser
- Rediscover Jesus by Matthew Kelly
- Our Lady Undoer of Knots by Marge Fenelon
- Breath of God, Living a Life Led by the Holy Spirit by Fr. Dave Pivonka
Favorite Books for Women
- In this House of Brede by Rumer Godden (Fiction)
- Stay with Me by Carolyn Astfalk (Fiction)
- Who Does He Say You Are? by Colleen C. Mitchell
Books that can Transform You
- Unbound by Neil Lozano
- For the Greater Glory of God, A Spiritual Retreat with St. Ignatius by Fr. Manuel Ruiz Jurado
- the Ignatian Workout, daily spiritual exercises for a healthy faith by Tim Muldoon
Happy shopping and don’t forget to get one for yourself!
Bonus: If you subscribe to my email list, you can have this for yourself!