If you are opposed to abortion then there is bad news on the horizon. For those of you who do not know, the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is set to be signed if Congress passes it on January 21-22 of 2009. The FOCA is the next sick chapter in the book of abortion. If made a law all limitations on abortion will be lifted which will result in the following:
1) All hospitals, including Catholic hospitals will be required to perform abortions upon request. If this happens Bishops vow to close down all Catholic hospitals, more then 30% of all hospitals in the United States.
2) Partial birth abortions would be legal and have no limitations.
3) All U.S. tax payers would be funding abortions.
4) Parental notification will no longer be required.
5) The number of abortions will increase by a minimum of 100,000 annually.
Perhaps most importantly the government will now have control in the issue of abortion. This could result in a future amendment that would force women by law to have abortions in certain situations (rape, down syndrome babies, etc) and could even regulate how many children women are allowed to have. Needless to say this information is disturbing, but sadly true. As Catholics, as Christians, as anyone who is against the needless killing of innocent children, we must stand as one. We must stop this horrific act before it becomes a law.
Pray a novena along with fasting starting on January 11th.
For Catholics, the prayer of choice will be the rosary with intentions to stop the FOCA. For non Catholics pray your strongest prayers with the same intentions, also for nine consecutive days. The hope is that this will branch and blossom as to become a global effort with maximum impact.
Please add this information to your own blog or link back to this one so as many people as possible will pray. Remember that with God all things are possible and the power of prayer is undeniable.
“If you pray well, you will live well, if you live well, you will die well; and if you die well, all will be well.” -St. Augustine
“We cannot fight credibly against other social and moral evils, including poverty and violence, while we tolerate mass killings by abortion.” – Mother Teresa of Calcutta.