1. How about last night’s dinner recipe: Paella of Sorts
2 cups Valencia rice
2 tablespoons butter
1 quart chicken broth
1 cup white wine
4 or 5 chicken thighs, cut up into chunks
1/2 lb sausage, sliced
2 cups frozen peas
melt butter in large saucepan, add rice and brown slightly. Meanwhile, heat up the broth and wine.
When the broth is hot and the rice is hot, pour about 1 1/2 of broth into the pan and stir.
Turn heat to low and allow liquid to be absorbed, then add more hot liquid, repeat until rice is tender and liquid is gone. After the 2nd addition of liquid, cover.
Brown and cook chicken pieces and sausage while rice is cooking.
Add cooked meat to rice, add peas and mix together. If rice is still not cooked, add a bit more hot water. Let it all sit for a few minutes and then serve.
2. November is stewardship month in our parish. So yesterday I went to the post office with 1250 envelopes stuffed with a ministry book, Time/Talent card, Treasure card, and a letter from our pastor. They were all neatly placed in bins and enclosed in the proper sleeves facing the same way. But it was WRONG! They weighed over 3.3 ounces so they needed to be sorted and placed in different sized bins, with no sleeves and some had to be banded together. Thankfully a friend was with me and so the two of us stood out on the loading dock and resorted everything. This has happened to me more times than I care to recall. Bulk mail procedures are complicated and change all the time. As my friend says, “no me gusta!” Did I mention it was my day off?
3. I stay up way to late at night after everyone else is in bed reading, writing or just doing nothing. It mkaes it difficult to wake up in the morning but I so enjoy the quiet and alone time.I have off all next week.
4. I plan on breaking out the quilt fabric I received at Christmas and getting started. Our exchange student will also be getting some new clothes once we go get some fabric. I can’t wait to sew!
5. I am going to Disneyworld with our exchange student and a whole group of friends. Our daughter is meeting us there for her birthday. Next week can’t get here soon enough.
6. Tomorrow is our 27th wedding anniversary. It is also our parish appreciation party, which I scheduled, so we’ll spend our anniversary with 375 of our closest friends! On Sunday, we are having a special dinner, compliments of our son at the Palm Beach Grill where he works.
7. A wedding picture!
More Quick Takes at Conversion Diary!