Deanna is available to plan and lead retreats, days of reflection for youth and adults and give talks to groups of all sizes.
I have been a catechetical leader for over twenty years, in both paid and volunteer positions. Through the years I have worked as a director of religious education, youth ministry, and stewardship. Prior to working in the Church I was a teacher, teacher trainer, and consultant in the field of English as a Second Language. My advanced degrees, an M.Ed. in Educational Leadership and an M.P.S in Pastoral Administration give me a well rounded perspective. I am able to combine the practical aspects of administering various parish programs while remembering that foremost, the work of the Church is to build up God’s kingdom and make disciples.
While I have separated training and retreats, keep in mind that training would also incorporate prayer and personal reflection time. As time and setting allows, Mass and confession can (ideally) be included. This list is not exhaustive so please contact me to discuss what you need.
for Program leaders:
- Organizing your Program
- Communication Tools for the Parish and Religious Education Programs
- How to build and maintain a team
- Parish and Religious Education Newsletters
- How to plan a retreat/reflection day for sacrament preparation
- Making Lessons Interactive
- It’s not about Facts, it’s about Faith
- Prayer as a Priority
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word
- Celebrate our Faith
- You are Called, living out our Baptismal call
- Notlukewarm about our Faith
- Using Ignatian principles in daily life
- Middle School